You can use the “garage sale” category to post your yard sale on Craigslist. There is not currently a dedicated yard sale category, but it is perfectly fine to choose the garage sale category.
There is a “general” category that you could probably use, but using garage sale for advertising yard sales on Craigslist closely matches the intent of the garage sale category, so you may have more success with visibility with your ad.
How To Post a Yard Sale On Craigslist?
- Log in to your account or click the “post” option
- Click “for sale by owner”
- Choose the “garage & moving sales” option
Then go ahead and include details about your yard sale on the next page with details that include:
- Posting title
- Zip code
- Write a detailed description of the kinds of items you will be selling at your yard sale, similar to my tips about selling items on Craigslist
- Fill out the proper time and dates sections
- Complete contact info sections
- Fill out location details to entice local buyers
- Continue and confirm your yard sale listing
That’s it! You have now completed a free advertisement for your yard sale.
Now that you know how to advertise a yard sale on Craigslist, check out some of my other helpful content like how to search all of Craigslist nationwide and how to exclude words in a Craigslist search.
Did finding out where to post yard sales on Craigslist help? Leave a comment below or share this post on Facebook.
Nick is a seasoned professional with over a decade of experience in successfully selling products online across various platforms. With his extensive knowledge and expertise, he has honed his skills and has become an expert in the field of online sales.