This article will teach you how to unlock your iPod Touch without knowing the password or passcode. Just follow these simple steps and you will be able to use your iTouch again.
It gets better:
This tutorial also works when it says disabled or it says you can’t try the passcode for another 326,132 minutes (or more or less).
Read this first:
If you use the following steps, you will lose all information that is currently stored on the device.
You should see a screen asking you to enter the passcode. While it is locked on this screen, plug it into your computer with the USB cord.
When you plug it into the computer, iTunes should automatically open. iTunes will then give you a message telling you it cannot open the iPod’s info because it requires a password. Keep the iTouch plugged into the computer. Then click Cancel and close iTunes.
At this point, your iTouch should be plugged into the computer and iTunes should be closed.
Now you will need to hold the Power Sleep/Wake button (on top) and the Home button together for about 20 to 25 seconds.
Hold the two buttons together until the device resets and shows a screen with a USB plug and an iTunes logo. When you see this USB & iTunes screen, you will need to open iTunes.
You will then see a screen in iTunes telling you it detected an iPod in recovery mode. Click OK.
Then you will see the screen in iTunes where you can click to restore the device. Click the Restore button.
After you click the Restore button in iTunes, leave the i Pod plugged into the computer until it is done restoring.
Do not unplug it.
Do not push any of the buttons.
Do not touch the screen. Leave it alone and let it restore…
When it is done downloading the latest software from Apple and it is done restoring, you will see the screen where you can sync the iPod with music, videos, applications, and the photos you choose.
That’s it! This process works with all of the models and generations listed here:
It unlocks the 1st gen, 2nd gen, 3rd gen, and 4th generation models. I haven’t tried it with the 5th generation or any later models.
Here are some quick tips about how to unlock an iPod Touch without the password or if you forgot the passcode.
For those who are having trouble, follow these steps. I have done this many times using the exact instructions detailed above.
The entire process happens with the iPod plugged into the computer and it is very simple to unlock…
1. Plug the i Pod Touch into your computer, make sure iTunes opens.
2. Close iTunes, but keep your iPod Touch plugged in. (If you are on a Mac, be sure to click “iTunes” in the top left corner of your screen and click “Quit iTunes”. The iTunes program needs to be closed, not just the window. If you only click the red button to close the window, you are not actually closing Apple’s i Tunes!)
3. With the i Pod plugged in and iTunes closed, hold the home and power button together at the same time for 20 – 25 seconds. Do not release those buttons for 20 – 25 seconds. The iPod will shut off and turn back on to a screen with the iTunes logo and USB cord while you are holding both iPod buttons.
4. When you see that screen, release the buttons, keep i Pod Touch plugged in, open i Tunes.
5. Click “OK” when iTunes opens, click “Restore” button.
Please share this Apple iPod touch article if it was helpful.
Also, check out the history of craigslist.